International Futures Forum Seminar Series collaborators
NHSGGC Public Health Resource Unit Visit the PHRU website
Keep track of GCPH on Twitter Follow us now
15 December 2011
Glasgow's Healthier Future Forum 12
Location: Grand Central Hotel, Gordon Street, Glasgow, G1 3SF
GHFF 12 - Responses to Child and Family Poverty
The 12th Glasgow's Healthier Future Forum took place on Thursday 15 December 2011. This event focused on responses to child and family poverty.
Plenary presentations were delivered from:
- John Dickie - Child and Poverty Action Group, Scotland
- Jackie Erdman - NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Lynn Naven - Glasgow Centre for Population Health/Healthier Wealthier Children
- Julie Nelson - National Foundation for Educational Research
A panel Q&A took place at the end of the day. Panel members included:
- James Egan - Public Health Programme Manager, Glasgow Centre for Population Health
- John Dickie - Head of Child and Poverty Action Group Scotland
- Maureen McKenna - Executive Director of Education Services, Glasgow City Council
- Catriona Renfrew - Director of Corporate Planning and Policy, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Christine Duncan - Change and Delivery Manager, Maternity Services, Scottish Government
Read the post event report
View the presentations
John Dickie - CPAG Scotland 'Ending child poverty: challenges and opportunities'
Jackie Erdman - NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde 'Child poverty and health: making the links'
Lynn Naven - Glasgow Centre for Population Health 'Healthier Wealthier Children - Interim findings and evaluation progress'
Julie Nelson - National Foundation for Educational Research 'Progress in tackling child poverty in England - local authority approaches'